Over the last several decades, quantum information science has become an attractive field in physics, and many experimental efforts have been devoted in order to demonstrate complicate quantum information protocols. For further development of this field, more sophisticated photon engineering and detection technologies are indispensable, but it is limited by the performance of conventional photon sources and detectors. In this talk, I will provide state-of-art technologies of our photon source and detectors in order to overcome such difficulties.
This talk will include 6 parts. Part 1 is the introduction of the single photon source engineering techniques and superconducting nanowire single photon detector techniques. In part 2, I will introduce a spectrally pure single-photon source with widely tunability. This photon source is generated from parametric downcoversion process in a PPKTP crystal at telecom wavelengths. Prat 3 will discuss a quantum interference between two single-photon sources at telecom wavelength. In Part 4, the single photon source will be updated to an entangled photon source using a Sagnac-loop configuration. Part 5 will show the entanglement swapping and teleportation experiments with two entangled photon sources. Part 6 is the conclusion and outlook.
1. Rui-Bo Jin, Masahiro Takeoka, Utako Takagi, Ryosuke Shimizu, Masahide Sasaki, “Highly efficient entanglement swapping and teleportation at telecom wavelength.” Scientific Reports 5, 9333 (2015) arXiv:1410.0087
2. Rui-Bo Jin, Mikio Fujiwara, Taro Yamashita, Shigehito Miki, Hirotaka Terai, Zhen Wang, Kentaro Wakui, Ryosuke Shimizu, Masahide Sasaki,” Efficient detection of a highly bright photon source using superconducting nanowire single photon detectors” arXiv:1309.1221, Optics Communications 336, 47–54 (2015)
3. Masahiro Takeoka, Rui-Bo Jin, Masahide Sasaki, “Full analysis of multi-photon pair effects in spontaneous parametric down conversion based photonic quantum information processing.” arXiv: 1410.3627
4. Rui-Bo Jin, Ryosuke Shimizu, Isao Morohashi, Kentaro Wakui, Masahiro Takeoka, Shuro Izumi, Takahide Sakamoto, Mikio Fujiwara, Taro Yamashita, Shigehito Miki, Hirotaka Terai, Zhen Wang, Masahide Sasaki, “Efficient generation of twin photons at telecom wavelengths with 2.5 GHz repetition-rate tunable comb laser.” Scientific Reports 4, 7468 (2014), arXiv:1409.3025
5. Rui-Bo Jin, Ryosuke Shimizu, Kentaro Wakui, Mikio Fujiwara, Taro Yamashita, Shigehito Miki, Hirotaka Terai, Zhen Wang, Masahide Sasaki, “Pulsed Sagnac polarization-entangled photon source with a PPKTP crystal at telecom wavelength”, Optics Express 22, 11498-11507 (2014), arXiv:1311.3462
6. Rui-Bo Jin, Ryosuke Shimizu, Fumihiro Kaneda, Yasuyoshi Mitsumori, Hideo Kosaka, Keiichi Edamatsu, “Entangled state generation with an intrinsically pure single-photon source and a weak coherent source”, Physics Review A 88, 012324 (2013)
7. Rui-Bo Jin, Kentaro Wakui, Ryosuke Shimizu, Hugo Benichi, Shigehito Miki, Taro Yamashita, Hirotaka Terai, Zhen Wang, Mikio Fujiwara, Masahide Sasaki, “Nonclasscial interference between independent intrinsically pure single photons at telecom wavelength”, Physics Review A 87, 063801 (2013);
8. Rui-Bo Jin, Ryosuke Shimizu, Kentaro Wakui, Hugo Benichi and Masahide Sasaki, “Widely tunable single photon source with high purity at telecom wavelength”, Optics Express 21, 10659-10666 (2013)
9. Rui-Bo Jin, Jun Zhang, Ryosuke Shimizu, Nobuyuki Matsuda, Yasuyoshi Mitsumori, Hideo Kosaka and Keiichi Edamatsu, “High-visibility nonclassical interference between intrinsically pure heralded single photons and photons from a weak coherent field”, Physics Review A 83,031805(R) (2011)